qualification and validation

• i have made cakes for 29 years in uk,

part of that time professionally,

i uk qualification is not required as long as you have the skill and a valid food hygiene certificate,(which is harder to get in uk as you have to sit a 1 day course and exam for lvl 1 and a week course inc written and practical exams at college for lvl 3,) no 20 min videos are legal there,

i have had both and more certificates but am not konditor 3 year trained,

i learned through work and having own business

i want to get more certificates, my boss never even looked at my CV he is only interested in me doing pot wash,

i see cakes being made on a daily basis and i know i can do it too here but my boss refuses to let me learn, it breaks my heart,

i thought i could handle not making them but i was wrong,

i just have a passion to make cakes

i only get sundays off and holidays and i would sacrifice those to learn and gain qualifications on my own time

please help with any suggestions

if you look on my facebook page carol.drake.908 and go onto photos you can see my work

• Basically all aspects of german cakemaking,

i live near Bremen,

i work 6 days a week,

i have a year to learn as all validation is in German and am about to start Deutsch kurz in mornings before work,

when it comes to decorating i can do that,

as anyone can see on my Facebook page photos

its the rest that i have problem with i need to learn German methods.

my boss has made it clear he will not invest time in teaching me.

so have to go it alone on my own time and money

i am too old to go to school and get a diploma and also have a family so cant afford to stop work and go to BBS Berufbildenschulen

• Hey bogwhoppit ,

welcome to the forum! :)

Working 6 days a week will make it difficult to find something, as I don't think that online classes/video will help enough to improve or to get any qualification.
    If you are looking for basic knowledge, you should look around what "Volkshochschulen" can offer at your area. Maybe any bakery (or similar) will give classes as well. They might be the better choice if you are more interested in themes like ingredients, batter, fillings etc

Guess it also depends if you are doing this for your own for fun or if it is required for your job.

If it's for your job, I would recommend to always look out for professional offers to get valid certificates.

• thats just the problem, volkshochscule do not provide what i am looking for, i looked at online courses and agree they are no good,

i tried werkshaft for konditor training, they specify i have to go to regular school for 3 years and get a diploma first,

i work in a bakery, in bremen, my boss refuses to train me or even look at my CV even though i have more cake making experience than anyone who works there,

i am happy to do sunday workshops if there are any in bremen, i have used all my vacation time for 2018 now but i get 4 weeks a year so 2019 is good,

i need to just learn as many processes as possible in the next 12 months then i can go to the validation people with list of courses i have done as this will improve my case,

• i have, after they gave me a run around pushing me from bremen to hannover to hamburg then back to hannover they eventually said what i previously mentioned, so for a year i have to go it alone trying to get as much experience as possible in german techniques then when i finish deutsch kurz i will be considered for the validation, which involves a sprechen, schriben and praktikum part

i have to do it on my own time and money privately or in workshops